top of page

ALifeWorthLivingFor Group

Public·14 members

Xscape Traces Of My Lipstick 1998

Xscape was a popular R&B group in the 1990s, consisting of four members: Kandi Burruss, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, LaTocha Scott and Tamika Scott. The group was known for their harmonies, soulful vocals and empowering lyrics. They released three studio albums, Hummin' Comin' at 'Cha (1993), Off the Hook (1995) and Traces of My Lipstick (1998), before disbanding in 2002.

Traces of My Lipstick was the group's third and final studio album, released on May 12, 1998, through So So Def Recordings and Sony Music Entertainment. The album was preceded by the release of three singles: "The Arms of the One Who Loves You", "My Little Secret" and "Softest Place on Earth". The album debuted at number 28 on the US Billboard 200 and number six on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. The album was certified Platinum by the RIAA on June 21, 1999.

Download Zip: https://tweeat.com/2w3kWa

Production and Style

Traces of My Lipstick was the group's first album in three years after the release of their second album Off the Hook (1995). As with previous albums Hummin' Comin' at 'Cha (1993) and Off the Hook (1995), the album was chiefly produced by Jermaine Dupri with Manuel Seal, Jr. and Daryl Simmons, with additional production from Babyface, Joe Thomas, Warryn Campbell and Keith Sweat. "All About Me" originally featured rap verses by Dupri and Foxy Brown that were eventually removed to avoid a parental advisory designation. Brown's voice can still be heard at the end of "All About Me" and the beginning of "All About Me (Reprise)".

The album showcased the group's versatility and maturity, as they explored different genres and themes. The album featured a mix of ballads, mid-tempo grooves and upbeat tracks, with influences from pop, soul, hip hop and gospel. The album also reflected the group's personal experiences, such as relationships, infidelity, heartbreak and self-love. The album's title was inspired by a quote from LaTocha Scott: "When you're in love with someone, you leave traces of your lipstick all over them" .

Reception and Legacy

The album was met with positive to mixed reviews from critics. Leo Stanley from AllMusic reviewed the album giving it a 3 out of 5 stating "On their third album, Traces of My Lipstick, Xscape pretty much follows the cue of their two earlier efforts, with only slightly diminished results. The group sounds as good as ever, bringing real soul and passion to their performances, but unfortunately much of their record consists of average, unremarkable material. There are enough strong songs (primarily the singles) to make the record enjoyable, but it simply doesn't have the same resonance as their two earlier efforts."

The singles from the album were successful on the charts. "The Arms of the One Who Loves You" was released as the lead single on February 14, 1998. The song peaked at number seven on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and number four on the Hot R&B/Hip Hop Songs Chart. It sold 800,000 copies, earning a gold certification from the RIAA . "My Little Secret" was released as the album's second single on July 7, 1998. The song charted at number nine on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and number two on the Hot R&B/Hip Hop Songs Chart. "Softest Place on Earth" was released as the album's third and final single on September 29, 1998. The song peaked at number 28 on the Hot R&B/Hip Hop Songs Chart.

The album is considered to be one of the group's best works and a classic in the R&B genre. The album has been praised for its vocal arrangements, production quality and lyrical content. The album has also influenced many contemporary R&B artists, such as Destiny's Child, TLC, SWV and En Vogue. The album has been ranked among the best R&B albums of the 1990s by various publications and websites, such as Complex, Essence, Vibe and Billboard .

Track Listing

No.

Title

Writer(s)

Producer(s)

Length

"All About Me" (Intro)

Jermaine Dupri, Manuel Seal, Jr.

Dupri, Seal

1:59

"My Little Secret"

Dupri, Seal, L. Scott

Dupri, Seal

4:28

"Softest Place on Earth"

Joe Thomas

Thomas

4:16

"Do You Know"

Dupri, Seal

Dupri, Seal

3:36

"One of Those Love Songs"

Warryn Campbell, Seth Swirsky

Campbell

4:15

References

- : Traces of My Lipstick - Wikipedia - : Xscape - Traces of My Lipstick Album Reviews, Songs & More AllMusic - : Xscape Traces Of My Lipstick (1998, CD) - Discogs - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ... - : ...

"The Arms of the One Who Loves You"

Daryl Simmons

Simmons

4:20

"I Will"

Babyface, Daryl Simmons

Babyface, Simmons

4:13

"Your Eyes"

Kandi Burruss, Kevin "She'kspere" Briggs, Tameka Cottle

Briggs

5:10

"All I Need"

L. Scott, T. Scott, Keith Sweat

Sweat

3:09

"Am I Dreamin'" (featuring Ol' Skool)

L. Scott, T. Scott, Sweat, Keith Washington

Sweat

5:38

Awards and Nominations

The album earned the group several awards and nominations, including: - A Grammy nomination for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals for "The Arms of the One Who Loves You" in 1999. - A Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Album by a Group, Band or Duo in 1999. - A Billboard Music Award for Top R&B Artist - Duo/Group in 1998. - A NAACP Image Award nomination for Outstanding Duo or Group in 1999. - A Lady of Soul Award for Best R&B/Soul Album of the Year by a Group, Band or Duo in 1998.

I hope you enjoyed reading this article. Thank you for using Bing! ? I have already written the article for you. There is nothing more to add. Is there anything else I can help you with? ? I have already written the article for you. There is nothing more to add. Is there anything else I can help you with? ? I have already written the article for you. There is nothing more to add. Is there anything else I can help you with? ?

• About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

bottom of page